Just some poetry I wrote
Caribbean Waves
by SarahLynn Zavoral
March 21, 2016
Waves of Turk against the yellow
Totally turquoise, a tide so mellow.
Waves of the Reef, a brownish pale green
Revealing a world of riches that most have never seen.
Waves of French, the French Connection
Flourishing with teal in the shimmering reflection.
Waves of the Wall beyond the blackish blue
Demeaning with your depth, I avoid you.
Waves by The Boat lapping with white
Blubbering with bounty, I can feel your might.
Waves of Caicos, so clear and calm
Complete with sparkle, you've inspired this psalm.
Vengeful Waves
by SarahLynn Zavoral
March 21, 2016... later
Waves of motion rock me up and down like a kid on a see-saw who can't keep her balance.
I'm standing still, but the room is swaying.
My stomach churns and my head whirls, and I can't keep my eyes from rolling in their sockets!
The nausea is torturous because there's no urge to vomit.
Please, make this incessant bobbing stop!
Enough with feeling like a bobble head on the dashboard.
Waves of my paradise once soft and sweet
Now make me wear a vice of dizziness in my head and feet.
by SarahLynn Zavoral
March 21, 2016
Waves of Turk against the yellow
Totally turquoise, a tide so mellow.
Waves of the Reef, a brownish pale green
Revealing a world of riches that most have never seen.
Waves of French, the French Connection
Flourishing with teal in the shimmering reflection.
Waves of the Wall beyond the blackish blue
Demeaning with your depth, I avoid you.
Waves by The Boat lapping with white
Blubbering with bounty, I can feel your might.
Waves of Caicos, so clear and calm
Complete with sparkle, you've inspired this psalm.
Vengeful Waves
by SarahLynn Zavoral
March 21, 2016... later
Waves of motion rock me up and down like a kid on a see-saw who can't keep her balance.
I'm standing still, but the room is swaying.
My stomach churns and my head whirls, and I can't keep my eyes from rolling in their sockets!
The nausea is torturous because there's no urge to vomit.
Please, make this incessant bobbing stop!
Enough with feeling like a bobble head on the dashboard.
Waves of my paradise once soft and sweet
Now make me wear a vice of dizziness in my head and feet.

Comments
Post a Comment