New Years Week
We did all kinds of fun things during the week of New Years.
On Dec 26, we went to the St Paul Science Museum!
Tanner learned a lot about wind and flight at this exhibit.
Dallin had fun pressing the buttons on this exhibit.
The museum had a big room filled with cardboard boxes. They had all kinds of tools to use so that we could build whatever we wanted. Tanner and I spent an hour in that room, Jeremy thought we would never come out!
I'm wearing an apron that I made out of ribbed cardboard! Dallin made an airplane by putting colored tape and marker on a piece of cardboard that was in the shape of a wing. He and I were proud of his work.
We found a robot.
Jeremy helped Tanner build a gun, but Tanner was pretty disappointed with it because it was only two dimensional.
So I jumped in and helped create a really cool 3 dimensional gun for killing bad guys. The barrel was in the shape of a triangular prism.
We also built this trap for Dallin in another exhibit. And we got to watch a humpback whale video in the huge Imax theatre. What a fun day at the museum!
On Sunday afternoon, the boys did some band practice with their new equipment.
(Notice Dallin in his Chinese Sunday clothes, cuz it was Sunday before New Year. I also wore my Chinese/Vietnamese clothes, so we were matching! And yes, I know that Chinese New Year is not our new year)
I love how when they play the piano, they look over their shoulder to sync up with the drummer.
These guys had so much fun!
Jeremy took one of the drums away to fix the leg on it, and Dallin decided to pretend the drum was still there. Result: lots of giggles!
Our friend came over to play on Tuesday. She helped keep the boys busy so I could get work done around the house. They made a "store" in the basement.
They performed a little play about shopping in the store, and then they took a bow!
On Weds, Dec 30, I braved the cold and took the boys sledding for the first time by myself. With all my back pain issues, this was a big deal for me to even attempt the trip. It turned out to be great because the boys only lasted 15 minutes, which means we only went down the hill literally 3 times. Haha.
So deep! Over 8 inches of really wet snow.
Dallin's hands got cold really quickly, so he wanted to go home after the first time down the hill.
Tanner could have stayed there for a long time.
Pretty blue and yellow eyes against the white air. This picture doesn't do it justice.
The day before New Year's Eve, we went out to eat at the Chinese Buffet. Jeremy's side of the family does this for New Years, too. Very yummy!
On New Year's Eve, Tanner dressed himself. I like this look!
He completed a puzzle that his friend sent him with a secret message on the back!
We went ice skating as a family. We gave the boys hockey skates for Christmas, so this was their chance to try them out.
That little boy by the wall with the look of desperation is Tanner. I think he would have had a better time if he had worn his snow pants, poor kid shoulda listened to his mother.
But despite it being scary and hard and confusing, Tanner kept at it.
Dallin was all giggles and smiles the entire time. He LOVED it.
When Dallin would fall (which was every 15-20 seconds), he'd giggle and say "Try again" or "whoopsie daisy" and get right back up without any complaining.
Jeremy figured out it's easy to put Dallin in between his legs, hold onto his armpits and push him along.
Getting brave!
Tanner tried different ways of standing and skating. Eventually at the very end, I helped him stand between my legs and he did really well with it. I can't wait to have him try again soon! Although Tanner said that he never wants to skate again until he's six.
On New Year's Eve, we went to the Benning's house for a party. Lots of yummy food and fun games. Tanner and his friend liked playing the game SET, which involves a lot of critical thinking skills.
On New Year's Day, I found the boys getting some work done in the Man-cave.
On New Year's Day, I found the boys getting some work done in the Man-cave.
Jeremy has our old TV in the man cave, so the boys laid down and watched a show on their pillow beds while Jeremy worked out.
That night, we went to the Albert Lea Education Center for an activity with church. We got to go ROCK climbing and run around the big gym.
The boys really liked the rope swing. Jeremy climbed the walls a couple times, and we got Dallin to try on a harness. I meant to climb, but I got too busy visiting with friends.
Dang, my husband is buff.
Needless to say, we had a very eventful New Years Week!!






















































Comments
Post a Comment