Christmas Count Down
5 Days Before Christmas:
We took care of Leighsa's girls and helped their family move (family Christmas service). We were greatly blessed! The girls kept the boys very well entertained.
Tanner sang on the toilet (he does this almost every time he goes #2)
And we gave the boys a much needed haircut. Look at all that hair on Dallin!
4 Days before Christmas was Christmas Sunday!
Getting a decent picture of the boys was difficult.
But we ended up with some good smiles, thanks to Jeremy!
It was hard getting a selfie of the two of us, but we managed.
At church, I conducted the choir. It was a beautiful Christ-centered service. Tanner sang the ABC's during each hymn, like usual. On his good days, he is such a funny kid.
3 Days Before Christmas:
Jeremy bought a new car (used), which was a huge undertaking. He researched and bought all within a matter of days. We did not plan to do this right before Christmas, but it was time to say goodbye to the Chevy Malibu. I used that car for 5 years commuting every school day-and most vacation days and many Saturdays- to and from teaching music. So many lesson plans were made in that car!
Now we have a Subaru. Jeremy drives it, so I don't know much about it other than it's cool to ride in. Tanner also thinks it's cool and constantly asks if he can ride with Daddy in the black car. I'm so proud of Jeremy for finding such a great car for a great price.
2 Days Before Christmas:
I did the last of my Christmas shopping and grocery shopping.
1 Day Before Christmas: Christmas Eve!
We ate a steak dinner, just the four of us. Jeremy cooked over the grill outside.
Side dishes included yams, green bean casserole, jello salad, spinach salad...
and a new dish called roasted apples with brussel sprouts.
The boys didn't eat much, but they sure drank a bunch of eggnog!
After dinner, we played Nativity. Tanner was "Jofes," and I was Mary. Tanner designated Dallin as "Jofes's friend." We used a doll for baby Jesus. Jeremy was a very good looking shepherd.
We used the dining table for the stable this year.
Jeremy read the account from Luke while we played.
Then, we secretly filled each other's stockings. Tanner filled Dallin's with the toys he chose for Dallin at the dollar store. Tanner really liked sneaking around the house to get the hidden gifts and put them in Dallin's stocking without Dallin knowing. We also put a "gift" in Jesus' stocking. Tanner's gift to Jesus was to try being nicer to Dallin.
I loved our Christmas Eve. It was quiet, peaceful, spiritual and filled with love. I imagine similar feelings were felt at Christ's birth. JOY!

































Comments
Post a Comment