8 Years

I almost forgot to post about our anniversary! 
Jeremy and I celebrated eight years of marriage at the end of August. We were in Colorado at the time, so Jeremy planned a fun date for us. We ate at a Mediterranean Restaurant, which has been my favorite kind of food lately. We ate our hearts out!

Then, we went to a little shop where we painted pottery! Jeremy painted a plate and I painted a vase. Jeremy made a rule that we had to paint something that had to do with the number 8, since it's our eighth anniversary. The painting project was a lot of fun, we took it very seriously! After painting, we walked along Pearl Street Mall and window shopped, and then we ate dessert at two different places.

It's been an amazing and crazy eight years. We've determined that our marriage was way easier and had a lot less arguments BEFORE having children. Figuring out how to be parents isn't easy. Jeremy and I never knew how much we would disagree about certain things with raising kids, particularly in the realm of health. I'm so, so glad that we had almost five years together without kids. Even though we wanted to have children sooner, those years have given us strength in the challenges of parenthood. God knew what was best for us, that's for sure!  

Even though it gets rough trying to raise a couple of human beings together, we still have conversations almost everyday about how awesome it is to be married to each other! It is such a blessing!! 

I dug up some pictures for your enjoyment. 
2005- Dating
2006-Engaged
Aug 2006 - Married in the Denver Temple of 
the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. 
(Honeymoon in Cabo San Lucas)
 
Anniversaries
2007- NYC Trip in May & Skydiving in Zion's Park in August
2008- Dinner in Newport Beach
2009- Puerto Rico in August & Puerto Vallarta in December
 2010- Catalina Island
 2011- Pageant of the Masters
 
2012- SteamBoat Springs
 2013-Foshay Tower, Minneapolis 
(no picture from this anniversary, so I pulled one that shows our major life changes from that year)

 2014- Washington DC trip in April & Boulder in August
I love you, Jeremy! Thank you for being my best friend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

4th of July

A Happy New Year

Summer Begins!