Colorado: Loved Ones

While in Colorado, we visited our grandparents' memorial sites. In 2012, three of my grandparents passed away: Grandpa and Grandma Higgins and Grandpa Robertson. This was my first time seeing their tombstones. They were beautiful! It was a peaceful, solemn time to remember them and their amazing lives. I miss them each very much, so being at their memorials helped me feel a little closer to them. I have a strong belief that life exists beyond this, that I will see my grandparents again, that we will all be resurrected just as Jesus Christ has been, and that through sacred temple ordinances, our family units are eternal. I can't wait to introduce my children to their AMAZING great-grandparents.
Grandma and Grandpa Higgins have their memorial stone in an adorable little cemetery right outside of Longmont. They donated their bodies to science, so after a few years, I think their ashes will be laid here. 
Grandpa Robertson's grave site was also beautiful and peaceful, amid the wind and rain. When he passed away, I was pregnant with Dallin, so we named him Dallin Jerold in loving memory. Every so often, I tell Dallin that his middle name came from his amazingly cheerful and incredibly genius great-grandpa, so it was really cool to show him the grave site. If there's one thing I've learned, it's that our little ones understand way more than we give them credit for, so I really do think that Dallin understood that this stone had something special on it that had to with him and with someone that we love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

4th of July

A Happy New Year

Summer Begins!