Easter Party

Here's our Easter Art!!
As many of you know, Easter is my FAVORITE holiday, along with 4th of July. I love the opportunity to celebrate Christ's Resurrection and to rejoice in the beauty of life and of the earth and everything that we have because of our Savior. This Easter had an added measure of wonderful because Taryn was here with us!
Easter Party
We hosted an Easter Party on Good Friday with some friends and families from church. It was so fun! 
This is the craft table where the kids made Texture Eggs (paper eggs with all different types of feathers, felt, ribbons, etc glued onto it).
Tanner's Texture Egg
We had an area for making your own Cucumber Bunny with cucumbers, hummus, raisins for eyes, carrots for whiskers, olive slices for mouth and snap peas for ears. Paul is an artist and got really creative with his.
We had lots of snacks, mostly healthy! Taryn made the deviled eggs. Aren't they adorable?! 
Side note: One talk in church reminded us that eggs are actually a symbol of the Resurrection because the egg acts as a tomb. In the spring, the "tomb" opens with a brand new chick, a symbol of new life, just like how the Savior came from the tomb as a resurrected being. 
Leighsa made these delicious hot cross buns.
Anita made these adorable Penguins out of olives and cream cheese and carrots. Yum!
Tanner was excited to be with his friends!
The highlight of the evening was our Rice Crispy Sculpting Competition, which we are trying to make a tradition. Leighsa and Taryn made the treats hot on the spot. We buttered everyone's hands and put a clump of warm crispy treats on everyone's plates. Then we told everyone to sculpt their crispy treat into something that has to do with Easter.
We got some creative sculptures, from crosses to flower baskets to tombs. 
Mine was the crown of thorns that they put on Jesus' head. With my leftovers, I just made a ball and called it the rock that was used to seal the tomb.
 I'm pretty sure this one was the winner. It's Jesus standing outside the tomb. The prize was a Hormel ham.
Dallin let other people hold him!
I tried wearing every color of the rainbow to look as spring-like as possible. 
I think the party turned out to be a great success. I'm really glad Taryn was here to help me host it. I don't think I could have pulled it off without her there!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

4th of July

Spring Break

A Happy New Year