Final days in HB
After Dallin was born, we had exactly 10 days before moving to Minnesota. We tried to make the most of our last chance to enjoy Huntington Beach.
Gramz stayed with us and helped us survive. She made meals, kept Tanner well entertained, kept us organized with packing, and cleaned the house for the final walk through.
My Auntie Lorna was in the neighborhood, so she got to have a quick visit with us!
The boys played outside every chance they had. And good thing, too, because we are in MN now and it has rained almost every day we've been here.
We took lots of pictures of Dallin.
Tanner continued to be darling with his lil' brother.
I made a mohawk with Dallin's hair!
We went to the beach one last time. We attempted to take family pictures there. Tanner hated it because he wanted to play in the sand. When we finally let him play with Dada, he was thrilled. Tanner also had a blast running around on the grass with another kid. I sat on the grass with Gramz and Dallin. It was such a beautiful day. As I sat remembering all the wonderful times we have had there and at other beaches in the area, I couldn't help but feel a little melancholy. It was especially hard to leave the beach knowing that Tanner is at the age where he understands how to play at the beach and loves it.
Here's the crib situation before the move.
One night, Gramz and Tanner made cinnamon roll snacks together. Tanner helped pour the sugar and cinnamon on the rolls. The next day, I walked in the kitchen and my bare feet were soon coated in sugar.
Gramz took Tanner to the Santa Ana Zoo where they got to ride the train. And she also took him to the Irvine Regional Park where they got to ride a train! Tanner has been obsessed with trains ever since.
Tanner also went to the playgrounds with Gramz. He was her little buddy for 2 whole weeks!
Dallin got to spend time with Gramz, too.
I spent a lot of time time trying to figure out Who does this kid look like?
We had one last time at the pool. Tanner loved it, which only made leaving harder.
Goodbye Huntington Beach and Orange County! You've been wonderful to us during the past 5 years. We are SO blessed to have had the opportunity to live here this long (remember it was only supposed to be 18 months!) We've made wonderful friends and wonderful memories. We've learned a lot, worked a lot, and played a lot. And we doubled the size of our family!! We will miss our life here very, very much.
Comments
I can't believe you moved 10 days after having a baby. The move itself would be hard, not to mention all the packing while you are trying to recover and adjust. You are amazing! I'm so glad you had Jeremy's mom there to help. I wish you the very best as you get settled in your new home and life with 2 little boys!
Post a Comment