Two Different Worlds

On Thursday, March 15, Jeremy was in China. Here's what he wrote to me about the world he was in:
"Since my dinner plans were canceled, I wandered around aimlessly in the city for about three hours. Saw some interesting things. It's kind of like looking at the tide pools...at first it doesn't look like anything interesting is there, but when you really take some time to look you start seeing all kinds of cool stuff. Even though it was about 10pm and raining, the streets were bustling with people, car horns, bikes, and mopeds. Really active and interesting stuff. Oh, and I ate at KFC. Why? Because I felt like it. That place is seriously a part of Chinese culture now so deal with it. Also, 7-11's don't sell Slurpees here. I asked the guy where the Slurpees are and he looked at me like I was speaking a foreign language. Probably because I was speaking a foregn language. But yeah. No Slurpees in China. I couldn't believe it. This must be a third world country. haha It was good to know that no matter where I went I could just get a taxi to take me to the hotel, so I could wander wherever I felt like. Great experience for me."


Meanwhile, I was in Huntington Beach. Here's what I wrote to Jeremy about the world I was in:
"LOOOOONG day today. Taught all day and then directed the JH musical tonight. Long story short= Kathleen Shepley picked up Tanner from daycare and took care of him at our house all night while I stayed at teh school alll day. Tanner did not like how someone else picked him up from Daycare. I didn't really anticipate that. I think he might have done better if I picked him up and took him to another house. Very interesting what Kathleen said he did throughout the night- calling ma ma, studying her face and then getting mad, looking around the house and then getting cross with her. but he still played and smilied, and ate. he just wasn't happy right when they got to the house and around bedtime.
The JH show was AWESOME!! The kids really pulled it off. they were hilarious, really gelled into their characters and made them come alive. The audience (and me) was rolling in laughter... Now I've got to get ready for Janae's wedding in Utah tomorrow. I havent even packed yet and it's now 1:00am. oh yah, and last night i didn't get to sleep until 2:00 am doing report cards that were due, so i'll be pretty tired sometime soon."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

4th of July

A Happy New Year

Summer Begins!