We survived!

(the pics have nothing to do with the post)

Our family survived my first week of work!! The first day was perfect. Tanner and I had time to cuddle in bed before getting ready. The whole morning was stress free, and dropping him off was great! I didn't get emotional--probably because the traffic kept me distracted. Work was super fun because all the kids and teachers were really excited to see me. While teaching, I was again reminded why I feel so guided by the Lord to be a teacher! Pumping breast milk in my office has also gone really well. I pump three times a day, and when I pick Tanner up, I drop off the fresh milk at the daycare for them to use on the next day. I just have to make sure to keep rotating the bottles and nipples. I forgot bottles to pump milk into on Friday, so I had to go to the drugstore to get some! 
 Wednesday was the hardest day for me. The reality of not seeing Tanner for most of the day and the week really set in. One thing that I didn't anticipate about having my child at another person's home is that when I pick him up, he smells like them and not me! That is kind of weird. Now I kind of understand how animals  identify their young by smelling them, haha.
 
 Jeremy also survived the adjustments, too. Luckily, I made a week's worth of meals ahead of time, so we didn't have to worry about making dinners or doing dishes. On Friday, Jeremy worked from home and took care of Tanner. I think Jeremy understands more the kind of work it takes to care for a baby. He didn't get much Hormel work done. But somehow he managed to vacuum and tidy the house before I got home!!
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

4th of July

A Happy New Year

Summer Begins!