Our Little Thanksgiving
Tanner's first Thanksgiving was a fun, relaxing day with just the three of us.
Tanner loved these Thanksgiving dolls as much as I do!
Our feast! I love Tanner's little face in this picture- "can we eat now?" Notice Tanner's high chair? He's been sitting in it since he was little to watch us work in the kitchen, but we had to start using the tray this week because he is getting good at arching his back while sitting in it. The tray helps keep him in and lets us put toys in front of him.
We had Hormel peppered turkey, boiled yams with cinnamon, mashed potatoes, fresh green bean casserolle (I used Paula Dean's recipe-YUM), broccoli, and autumn butternut squash casserolle with Hormel cinnamon apples.
Tanner got really cranky while we ate, so I put him on my lap. He kept reaching for the food, so I let him taste a tiny bit of gravy.
He was so happy!
After our feast, we went to the beach!
The tide was perfect for photos- a thin layer of water made the perfect reflections!
Tanner touched the ocean for the first time! The water was warm, just like last November. I'm not sure if it's because of the tide coming from the south or because it's just colder outside.
And we saw the most incredible sunset! Nothing like a gorgeous view to help you be thankful!
This was one of the most beautiful sunsets I've ever seen. I was so happy to enjoy it with my amazing husband and beautiful son.
We definitely took pause while at the beach to reflect on the amazing ways that Heavenly Father has blessed us this year. I've been reading a wonderful book about women in the church, and it has made me particularly grateful for grocery stores, take-out restaurants, my breast pump, our baby swing, our health, and stores like Target where we can get pretty much anything we want without having to make it. We are so blessed!!!
Comments
Post a Comment