A day with the Beauchamps
Our very, very good friends, the Beauchamps, were in LA for a family wedding, so we got to spend a fun-filled day with them on Nov 12!! We were so excited because it's been two years since we saw them in Charlotte, North Carolina. Even though we live on completely opposite sides of the country, I'm so glad that we still manage to stay in touch with them. They are amazing examples to us, and we always feel so uplifted when we talk with or see them.
Ryan and Jeremy were RA's together in the dorms at BYU. Now they get to be dads together!
Chelsea and I became good friends when Ryan and Chelsea started dating. Now we share all kinds of fun ideas about being good mommies and raising our children in the gospel. I get so many awesome ideas from Chelsea! A few weeks ago, I tried her laundry idea and it has changed my life!! I put a load in the wash every morning. Then at lunch or when I get home from work, I switch it to the dryer. Then at night, while we watch TV, I fold and put away the clothes. Surprisingly, we have enough laundry for a small load every day, and we are easily keeping up! It's amazing!! Thanks, Chelsea!
We started the day by meeting at the Griffith Observatory in LA. We enjoyed the astronomy museum there and the great views of the city. Then we had a picnic lunch in the cafe (it was a too chilly to have it outside). Our baby Tanner and their baby Audrey are only 12 days apart! They hit it off really well.
We changed a lot of diapers throughout the day. And feedings worked out perfectly. Chelsea and I breastfed our babies in the car each time while the boys hung out around the observatory. It was amazing that our babies followed the same schedule that day! (maybe it was baby love-at-first sight?)
We also made it to the Hollywood strip. We saw some famous people coming from the muppets premier, including Amy Adams (from the movie Enchanted) and Rashida Jones (from The Office and Parks &Rec)Elijah is the coolest kid! He talked up a storm with us, danced and sang for us, and simply just entertained us to pieces. I was so impressed with how grown up he is, only being 2. He was a happy little guy the entire time! Tanner really liked him, too.
Chelsea made matching bow and tie for Audrey and Tanner. This is the best couple picture we could get. They fell asleep before our photo shoot. Sweet things!
We ate dinner at Denny's and then it was time to say goodbye. What an awesome day! We sure do love the Beauchamps, and hope to see them again real soon.
Comments
Post a Comment