Random Thoughts from a Mommy
- I can't believe THAT came out of me!
- What if his skull seals up too soon? Why is there a green vein in between his eyebrows? Why isn't his hair even? Is that thrush? What if he can't hear out of his left ear?
- This little guy melts my heart
- I wonder what it looked like when Tanner first came out of me. It's not very fair that Jeremy got a better view of it than I did.
- Gosh, I thought I loved my husband before, but now I really love my husband. How amazing that our love created this little person- an entirely new person that wasn't here before!
- When can I have another one?
- There's no way I could have another one soon.
- All I do is breastfeed. Seriously, I JUST fed him! How am I ever going to do anything else? Is this what being a mom is like? If so, this is not really what I signed up for.
- I love his bum. I love his cheeks. I love his bellybutton. Ah! I love the creases in his hands. Oh my goodness, what a little miracle!!
- Okay, it's obvious that he looks like me, but only because of his coloring. People can't see what I see. There is so much of Jeremy in him! His face shape, his 4 dimples, his ears, his facial expressions. What if he turns blond and starts looking less like me? Hmm. I guess that would be cool for Jeremy. Hmm. No. I want him to stay like me.
- I swear! If that pacifier falls out of his mouth one more time....ugh!
- What if he didn't get enough to eat? He's going to be cranky in ten minutes, and then he won't sleep at the right time, and then he won't be on this awesome schedule he established. And then he'll cry even more. Oh wait. I guess he's fine. Okay, okay, just relax. He's fine!
- Wow. My kid is seriously SOO cute.
- When someone asks me how many kids I have, I can say "I have a son." Oooh. That sounds so savvy, mature, sophisticated. "Yes, sir. I have a son."
- I wonder if he could still fit inside my belly now.
- Does he remember anything from being with Heavenly Father? Does he remember that he used to be floating around in a dark bag for 9 months? Does he remember anything from his birthday? What is going on in that little head of his?
- I am so glad I delivered naturally, without an epidural.
- Is it normal for babies to be this patient? My kid is SO easy going and patient. God must have told him to teach me by example.
Comments
Post a Comment