Ready for Little One

While my mom was here June 10-14, we got a lot of things ready for Little One. We organized clothes and supplies, shopped, and cleaned.
Since then, I've kept busy. I am so glad I took maternity leave a week before the students ended school. I've been so blessed with this extra time!

We moved the crib and rocker into our room as recommended by our baby care class and multiple research articles. (but we'll move him out after first 3-4 months). Jeremy put up the window valance that MomR made for us. We made our last drop-off to Good Will, which was one of MANY trips over the past few months. I cleaned every knook and cranny in the house, and every space is now being used to its fullest capacity.
We tested out the car seat, high chair, stroller and swing with my baby gorilla. We met with our dula (birth coach) last week to go over the birth plan again. Also, we finally sold our old TV. And we packed and checked the hospital bag for the 4th time. Everything is ready to go!
Now all we need is a baby! Today is actually the due date, and there are lots of labor signs that he should be here soon. To pass the time, I've been watching a lot of The Cosby Show, sleeping, eating, playing piano, organizing old letters and scrapbook things, reading tons of baby advice books. Jeremy and I went swimming a few days ago. And Thursday, Taryn went to the beach with me!
(above: 38 weeks)
(We've been wearing and sleeping with the baby's swaddle blankets so that they smell like us. Babies are very sensitive to smell)

Yesterday, I was having a lot of contractions and other early birth signs, so we suspected the baby was coming within the next few days, or sooner. Jeremy decided to work from home so he could be with me. I had a MONSTROUS appetite, so we ate breakfast at IHOP. I had french toast, egg, fruit, and yogurt. Then lunch at Wendy's, where I ate chkn nuggets, burger, fries, and frosty. Then we went to See's Candies to redeem a gift card that I had. We ate a bunch of candy. And guess who got a horrible stomach ache? Jeremy! HA! Later, we had pork and mashed potatoes at home. Today, I've also been starving, so we had lunch at Pei Wei where I ate all my honey glazed veggies and chkn. Then we went to the grocery store to get some food I've been craving- Mac&Cheese.

Comments

Dinah jo said…
How exciting. I can't wait to see pictures of the baby! I love your idea of sleeping with the receiving blankets. I'll pray labor goes well for you.
Chelsea said…
We can't wait - I am checking back often for the "big news"!
Josh and Tiff said…
ahhh, you're so close!! good luck! I can't wait to see pictures! and we have the same car seat and LOVE it!! we actually got the travel system and it's my favorite thing ever. you look beautiful by the way!
Kelly said…
So exciting! Good luck with everything. Hopefully your little bundle of joy is already here or on the way.

Popular posts from this blog

4th of July

A Happy New Year

Summer Begins!