More things I love about pregnancy!
Here is a little tradition we are starting with some family members. At 32 weeks of pregnancy, we wear this blue shirt, stand in the ocean, and get our picture taken. I'm the third one to do this so far!
10 more things I like about being pregnant:
- I started taking DHA/Omega 3 fatty acids with my prenatal vitamins back in January. Within 5 days, I noticed a HUGE difference in my facial skin. No acne of any kind, no blemishes, everything is beautiful and smooth. And I know it's from the DHA pills because if I forget to take them 2-3 days in a row, I start getting pimples. Without being pregnant, I never would have discovered this!
- Today at church I discovered that I have a good excuse to get up during the church service and walk around the halls. Honestly, my feet kept falling asleep because things are getting harder to circulate, but once I stand up, I feel great. So I got to have a little "wake-up call" during church without looking evil.
- I have a really good excuse for being emotional. For example, I bawled like a baby while watching Steven Carrell's last episode of The Office. And it wasn't just at the end. I was bawling through most of the show. How embarrassing, but since I'm prego, I don't appear insane to others.
- On the emotional note, I feel more and more in love with Jeremy EVERY day. He has noticed that I've been saying "I love you" about 3 times more often than usual. I dream about us on romantic adventures and about us taking care of Little One. Some days, this isn't so good because it makes it harder to say goodbye when we have to go to work. But for the most part, it is so neat to be extremely in love with him.
- Okay, last romantic perk (sorry to bore you!). Jeremy has more frequently been saying that I look beautiful--especially when I look like a ragamuffin! He also wants to take random pictures of me walking around the house or wherever we go. I think the pregnancy is making him more in love, too.
- Being pregnant makes eating SO much fun! Everything tastes so amazing. I guess some women have a hard time with extreme flavors while they're pregnant, but for me, the more flavor the better!
- There are other eating privileges. I can eat whenever I want and people don't get mad. I've been eating little snacks about every 1.5-2 hours and drinking TONS. (It seems like I can never get enough water in my system). Also, at parties or socials, people let me take food first! Being pregnant is awesome!
- Being hungry all the time, I've come to appreciate our Foreman Grill. I've been cooking chicken, pork, steak, veggies and even fruit with it. It's a good thing Jeremy didn't let me throw it away each time we moved. We just needed to wait for a good pregnant lady to use it!
- I get to shop for baby things! Well, not really shop, but register! Last night, Jeremy and I spent hours at Baby's R Us. My favorite area was the toys and books. So many neat things to do with Little One!
- Today is my 34 week mark, and I have had a surprisingly easy pregnancy. I am SO grateful for this!! It’s only been in the last few days that I have felt my energy weaken and started to experience a few side effects of pregnancy like swollen feet and shortness of breath. Part of that might have been because I directed the Kindergarten music show on Wed. Finally, I am all done with shows for the year, so I can relax!!! Only 4 more weeks of teaching, and I will be on maternity leave to have my baby sometime around June 25.
Comments
Post a Comment