Free Write- what's on my mind as quick as possible

We found out we're having a boy! WOO HOO!!! Ultra sound happened on March 22, so we've known for a while. Don't be offended if we didn't tell you, yet.

Working on names. Easier to do now that we know the gender, but still really tough cuz we can't agree much. But we both really like Jimmer! haha. (As in Jimmer Fradette, the BYU basketball player). So Mom Z got us this onesie.
Jeremy is procrastinating studying for a midterm. He is annoyingly talking in my ear after every word I type. Ugh! Stop!

Getting fatter in the belly. I've gained over the recommended 25-30 pounds for the entire pregnancy, but my midwife keeps saying not to worry. As long I'm eating healthy and staying active, I should be fine. I feel huge, but when I tell people how far along I am (29+ weeks) they are shocked, thinking I am only 4 or 5 months along.

Here's me in Jeremy's pajama pants. They are my favorite cuz they are SO comfortable! Sometimes, I wear them around the fattest part of my belly and I look like an oompa loompa!
We opened a baby registry at Target. My visiting teacher/friend is going to throw me a baby shower in June. But now some people have said we should have the shower AFTER the baby is born. Any suggestions?

Working on cleaning out the spare bedroom to make room for baby. Jeremy is being extremely sluggish about getting rid of things, which is driving me CRAZY. He doesn't understand how anxious I am getting about the baby's arrival.

On Friday, Jeremy's work gave us a special treat to the Anaheim Duck's game (ice hockey). Had really nice seats and got all-you-can-eat in the club lounge!
I have a cold right now, but it's the first time since September that I've been sick, so that's pretty amazing. I feel really blessed because on thursday and friday I hardly had to teach any classes cuz tons of kids were on field trips. But I still had to take the day off today because I am not getting better. All in good time, I hope.

I directed 3 music shows in March- the 5th grade Square Dance, the 3rd grade Showcase, and the JH musical Grease. All went super well, but Grease was the highlight. The drama specialist and I worked together on the show. It is so great to have someone that you can really collaborate with at work. It was probably one of the most rewarding experiences I've had as a teacher to see our students perform in Grease. Only 4 kids in the cast knew anything about the show when we started, the kids were terrified of touching each other and being couples in the show, and they couldn't do the hand jive to save their lives. But you never would have guessed after all their hard work. Everyone said it was the best show our campus has ever done!!!

Also, I have a concert this week for our Cougar Chorus students. After this, only one more show to go. That makes 9 school performances this year. YIKES!
Trying to redo the bathroom shower and tub before the baby comes. Looks like it's gonna be way more expensive than we thought. But hopefully we can keep it under $2,000. I went to a place called Tile Row on Saturday (Jeremy was with his study group) and had a blast looking at tile choices and discounts. I've also had about 4 contractor guys come in to give quotes.

I'll have to blog later about my biggest quandry, which is deciding what will happen with my teaching life once the baby is born. I need to decide soon so that I can let my boss know. Needless to say, this decision is not easy, and is THE MOST stressful thing in my life right now. Wish me luck!

Comments

cardwellclan said…
Congratulations on a boy!!!

I am so excited for you.

Good luck on deciding about work. That has got to be a hard thing and stressful!

I love ya!
Laurel said…
You look beautiful, SarahLynn! And, you don't look huge at all. You are quite small for as far along as you are. I also gained more than the recommended weight, but didn't have any problem losing it after the baby was born. I was built a lot like you and I think our bodies just need more meat on the bones to support that growing baby! :) You certainly don't look like you've gained much weight. Congratulations on a boy!
Chelsea said…
Yay yay! I love hearing about your life right now. My two cents? Have your shower BEFORE the baby comes. There's nothing like holding brand new little clothes and dreaming of the little guy that will soon be fitting into it. Also, life is just hectic after, not that it isn't before, but if possible I think that's the way to go. And you want to get gifts before the baby comes so you know what you have and will need. We're thinking about CO in august... we'll let you know! The promised ones need to meet before they get to know too many other children their age!
Anonymous said…
shower after the baby is born- so people can see the baby. DUH! (you dont want everyone coming over to your house at individual times to see the baby. do it all at once with a big party- at someone elses house!) but theres nothing wrong with having multiple showers and getting more presents!

if you already have a registry than people can give you gifts before the baby is born if they want to, and help you prepare with items you need, and then can still come see the baby at the shower you have when hes here.

the fire place pic reminds me that you havent really ever posted pics of your house. you should do that.

you are SO FAT. gross! poor jeremy. go run 10 miles asap, you know we dont do 'fat' in our family :P
i still think it will be interesting to see if you gain exactly what mom gained with you. they do say karma is a b*tch!
~desha
Kelly said…
A boy! How fun :) Good luck with the last leg of your pregnancy. I'm so excited for you.
Charlotte said…
Yay for baby boys! You will love every moment of it! We thought about Jimmer, too. :)
Dinah jo said…
Congrats on the baby being a boy. Good luck picking out a name.

Popular posts from this blog

4th of July

Spring Break

A Happy New Year