ships, bouquets and cousins

Our Saturday, we began our trip with a tour on the USS Midway. Mom and Dad R were in town for the wedding, so they came with us and some of Jeremy's friends from work. It was really, really cool. I can't believe how huge the thing is and how they were able to get planes to take off and land on that thing. The craziest part is how they cram all the military guys into the ship. I would never be able to do that.
It was funny to see them show planes and ship technology from 1991...as if it was ancient artifacts.
There was so much to see and learn! I wish we could have stayed on the ship longer, but we had to go to a wedding!
The wedding was for a distant cousin on my mom's side. It was really nice, on a beach in la Jolla. The best part is that- thanks to Uncle Lyman- my cousin Amanda was there!! She has always been one of my favorite cousins because of her spunk and energy. I still laugh out loud thinking about her as a four-year-old sauntering around grandma's backyard, purposefully being sassy and silly all at the same time. Too cute! Anyway, Amanda has truly become a beautiful young woman. She is SO ambitious and proactive. It was awesome to catch up with her!! I love you Amanda!!!

Comments

Grandma D said…
Very interesting.....but what's with Jeremy and a white coat?
Haha, it's a blazer that he found on sale at Kohl's. He figured he'd try it out. I really like it on him. We'll see how long this look lasts!

Popular posts from this blog

4th of July

A Happy New Year

Summer Begins!