First Music Performance


My first music performance at my new job was today. It went AMAZING! The Kindergarten students and I had so much fun. We showed the parents a typical day in music class. The children came in the same way they do in music. I interacted with them the same way I do in music class, etc. It was really neat.

The parents said tons of nice things like "The children were so full of joy and loving every minute of it!" "It's amazing how you are able to get them to sing and dance and then stop and be so well-behaved." "Ever since you came here, my child has been singing all of those songs at home" "This program was so full of energy. I am so glad you are our new music teacher!"

It's neat to know that I have been making a difference. These children are absolutely worth it!!

Here are some pictures to illustrate how much fun we had! Singing games that were featured include Hickety Tickety Bumble Bee, High Stepping Horses, Engine Number Nine, Talking Piano, Fanga Alafia and dancing to Vivaldi's Winter.






This (above) is my favorite picture! The little girl has just frozen in the game "Talking Piano." She knows that she can't make any noise in order to hear the piano. But you can tell she is having so much fun, she can hardly contain her excitement!!

The school is having a fundraiser next week to help pay for these drums that I requested!!









I'm playing a Nursery rhyme game and saying in a low voice "which finger did he bite?"



Comments

Kelly said…
How fun! I want to be in your music class!
Christine said…
You are amazing, Sarah! I am in awe of your energy and enthusiasm for your students. Wow! Congratulations on a successful performance!
Holly said…
Fun! what cute kids too:) Looks like you are loving your new job!
Mom R said…
Oh Sarah Lynn! It all looks and sounds so wonderful!! You truly are making a wonderful impression on these little lives. Thank you for sending the note and the pictures. I love you,
XOX ~MOM
Kisha said…
You are amazing!
Mollie said…
You're probably the best-looking music teacher they ever had too! I love your dress. Congrats on being so successful and really making a difference. You are an inspiration to me and teachers everywhere!

Popular posts from this blog

4th of July

A Happy New Year

Summer Begins!