"I call shotgun!" And other things we said as kids

Now that we're both a quarter century old, SarahLynn and I got to thinking about the good ol' days. We said some pretty stupid things when we were kids in the late eighties/early nineties. We only added things that WE said, not things we'd hear on tv. We made this list during dinner and I think it could be added to with some help.

  • "First the worst, second the best, third the nerd who ate the bird turd."
  • "This is the 90's!"
  • "Guess what? -Chicken butt."
  • "Ryan and Stacy sitting in a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G. First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes the baby in the baby carriage. That's not all! That's not all! Baby's playing basketball! That's not all, that's not all. Baby's drinking alcohol. That's not, that's not all. Mommy's in the kitchen, Daddy's in the hall. Baby's in the bathroom peeing on the wall!"
  • "That's so rad."
  • "Where is it? -Up your butt and around the corner."
  • "M-I-S-S-I-S-S-I-P-P-I " (How come we never said anything to help us spell Massachusetts? That's the really hard one!)
  • "I call shotgun. " (If that seat was already called in the Zavoral home, then you would say: I call seat by baby!)
  • "Jinx! Can't say a word 'till I say your name!"
  • "I'd like to bear my testimony. I know this church is true..."
  • "Dude."
  • "It's a free country; I can do what I want."
  • (Say fast) "1,2,3 NOT IT!"
  • "Eeny, meeny, miny moe. Catch a tiger by the toe. If he hollers, let him go. Eeny, meeny, miny moe!"
  • "I bet you a Slurpee that...."(Jeremy)
  • "Do you wanna play shadow?"
  • "I'm rubber, you're glue. Whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you!"
  • "She started it!"
  • "You're not the boss of me."
  • "Can I just say one more thing?" (SarahLynn)
  • "You're an MR" (mental retard)
  • "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me!"
  • "Oh sweet dude."
  • "Duh!"
  • "He shoots..he scores!!" (Jeremy)
  • "That's so retarded."
  • "Do we have to?"
  • "I'm telling Mom."
  • "Who cut the cheese? -Whoever smelt it, dealt it."

Comments

Starla said…
In my family:

Whoever smelt it dealt it.

Whoever denied it supplied it.

Whoever did the rhyme did the crime.
Anonymous said…
sarah "can I just say one more thing?" entire family shouting "NO!!!" haha yeah that one sarah said A LOT!!!
~desha
Chelsea said…
I love it! You guys are great! Although I don't have quite the benefit of a quarter of a century to my name yet, that brought back some funny memories. I always said "First is the worst, second is the best, third is the one with the hairy chest!" I've never heard yours! How about "Whatcha doing under there?" "Under where?" "Ha! I made you say underwear!" Our version of "Jinx!" was "Buy me a coke!" Or what about "Slug bug!" While wacking your sibling until they said the color right. You guys are great - we hope your bdays were wonderful!
Chelsea said…
Hey Sarahlynn, you know the pic you've got of us at Kenilworth on the side? Can we have a copy of that?!
Katrina said…
Wow, your list is "da bomb!" Did you ever say that one?
Mickelle said…
This was so fun to read! Sounds like a fun FHE activity. :)

RYN: Yup, I take the pictures. Learning photography is definitely a work-in-progress, but I figured I should take advantage of it while I have Gary Lai so close!
Anonymous said…
Thanks, Glad you guys still have some memory left considering your age and all-
take care, Love, MOM R
Anonymous said…
You guys have way too much fun.
Big Zav said…
How about, as the family kneels in prayer, to person called to be the voice asks everyone, "Ready?" and everyone replies in unison just as Melissa did as a cheerleader, "OK."

Popular posts from this blog

4th of July

A Happy New Year

Summer Begins!