I'm Hired!!
Patience and prayer always pays off! Our planned profit for the month of August after bills, savings, and trips was $17, so Jeremy and I are thrilled that I now have two part time jobs!! My first job is with Garden Grove Unified School District as a substitute three days a week. So far, that has been fun. All the schools in CA have hallways outside, which reminds me of the schools in Thailand. Oh the memories!!
On Tuesday, I subbed for a second grade class and one little boy melted my heart. At recess he held my hand and jabbered on and on about his trip to Disneyland. When he told me about the space ride with the movie to make it feel like you are in outer space, he said "And do you know what?! We really went into outer space!" Another kid said "Nuh-uh." To which he replied "Yes sir! It was REAL!" Then he talked about Tinkerbell in the parade. "I think she lost her pixie dust because I saw a big wire coming out of her back." I got a chance to talk with the teacher and she said he came to school on Monday with a new hair cut. "What a great hair cut," she told him. His reply: "I had to have it to get the bugs out, but my dad said not to tell ANYONE!"
My second job is nanny-ing for a family at church that I met last week (more prayers answered). They have a two year old daughter and 9 month twin girls. I will help their mother, Brooke, two days a week. So far it has been a blast. Riley is a little peanut, and the twins are opera singers in the making.
And one final note of good news. I got TWO emails from some of my sweetest 5th grade students. They said they missed me "SOOOOOOOOO much" and wished that I'm still their teacher. What a rewarding feeling!!! (and an answer to prayer that I did some good) Even though I've got some great temp jobs, my heart still aches to be teaching full time. But I'm confident that more prayers, patience and enjoying the opportunities I have now will get me through until we're settled down in Minnesota.
On Tuesday, I subbed for a second grade class and one little boy melted my heart. At recess he held my hand and jabbered on and on about his trip to Disneyland. When he told me about the space ride with the movie to make it feel like you are in outer space, he said "And do you know what?! We really went into outer space!" Another kid said "Nuh-uh." To which he replied "Yes sir! It was REAL!" Then he talked about Tinkerbell in the parade. "I think she lost her pixie dust because I saw a big wire coming out of her back." I got a chance to talk with the teacher and she said he came to school on Monday with a new hair cut. "What a great hair cut," she told him. His reply: "I had to have it to get the bugs out, but my dad said not to tell ANYONE!"
My second job is nanny-ing for a family at church that I met last week (more prayers answered). They have a two year old daughter and 9 month twin girls. I will help their mother, Brooke, two days a week. So far it has been a blast. Riley is a little peanut, and the twins are opera singers in the making.
And one final note of good news. I got TWO emails from some of my sweetest 5th grade students. They said they missed me "SOOOOOOOOO much" and wished that I'm still their teacher. What a rewarding feeling!!! (and an answer to prayer that I did some good) Even though I've got some great temp jobs, my heart still aches to be teaching full time. But I'm confident that more prayers, patience and enjoying the opportunities I have now will get me through until we're settled down in Minnesota.
Comments
Post a Comment