
For Labor Day, our parents from Colorado came to visit us!! It was their first trip away from home since my Dad retired this summer at age 54! Highlights of their visit included: fancy restaurants for EVERY meal except on Sunday, expensive golfing (very fun and pretty), boogie boarding with the best waves and low tide, I sang at church and my neighbor came with us, bike riding along Huntington Beach, nice long chats, games, piano playing, Crystal Cove and Laguna Beach.

When the tide was low on Monday, we went back to Crystal Cove to see the sea anemonies and crabs. Guess what unexpected visitor we saw?!? An OCTOPUS. It was 2 ft away from Jeremy, and he actually was standing next to it for almost ten minutes and didn't even know! It was brownish red and very camoflaged. The head part was the size of a nerf ball and it of course had eight tentacles, about 1 ft long each, but they were coiled up a bit so I'm not totally sure about their real length. We saw it sleenk under the rock when a big wave came by. It hung on under the rock and slowly crept two of its tentacles around the rock to feel what was going on. It looked like an alien! Jeremy touched it's suctions and said it pulled on his finger really hard. Of course, we didn't have the camera. But now Jeremy and I can say we've seen a real octopus in the wild!!
Comments
I'm glad you had a great visit with your family!
Glad it's not. Although, really, I hadn't made the connection between spiders and octopi until now. I guess things with 8 legs are always a little creepy. Who knew?
Post a Comment